Labor Day means the end of summer and one last long weekend to go car shopping. Car dealers are aware of this and typically offer their best car deals of the year on long weekends to entice buyers. Some dealerships will even offer a bonus to the salesman who makes the most sales over a long weekend. Car salesmen are going to offer special deals over the holiday weekend for a few reasons:
- A three day weekend means people have an extra day to go car shopping. So dealerships will ramp up their sales efforts with “events” and other promotions.
- New model years are coming out and dealerships will be running specials to move the prior year's model off the lot.
- Convertibles and sports cars are in lower demand over the fall and winter months and dealers want to get rid of excess inventory now.
- Car buyers visit multiple car lots in one day so car dealers will do anything they can not lose you to the competition.
- Car salesman have restarted their monthly quotas and want to get a jump on their September numbers in order to hit their bonus targets. Especially since this is the only holiday of the month.
Below are some of the best Labor Day car deals. For a full listing of all current manufacturer offers and incentives check out Edmund’s Deals of the Month.
[table id=13 /]updated: August 29, 2016 (These offers may change so check Edmunds for current guaranteed price quotes.)
Remember, follow these simple steps to get the best deal on a new car. The key is to make car dealers compete on price. You can literally save thousands on the price of a new car by taking the right steps.
- Get Internet prices from local dealers
- Email each dealer and ask them to beat your best price
- Setup an appointment