Terms and Conditions
The content of this website is for personal information and use only. You may provide outside links to this website but copying or paraphrasing any content or subject matter, materials, spreadsheets for commercial use is strictly prohibited. No materials or content from this website may be sold or reproduced without express written permission. The content is subject to change without notice.
The prices and deals of any cars represented on this website are not guaranteed and subject to change without notice.
Our Services may display, include or make available content, data, information, applications, or materials from third parties, including the Products (“Third Party Materials”) or provide links to certain third party web sites. Third Party Materials include, but are not limited to: vehicle pricing information, recall information, warranty information, and vehicle history reports. By using our Services, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect of such Third Party Materials or web sites. We do not warrant or endorse and do not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any third party services, Third Party Materials or web sites, or for any other materials, products, content, including customer reviews, or services of third parties. © Certain Automotive Content displayed within this website, Copyright DataOne Software, and are protected under the United States and international copyright law. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, distribution, recording, or modification of this content is strictly prohibited.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
If you voluntarily provide personal information for a service we provide such as getting prices from car dealers, we will share that information with car dealers and related service providers who will attempt to contact you to provide offers (which is how we suggest you find car deals). By using the service on our website, you consent to us sharing the information you provide with these third parties.
If you supply your email address, we will send you emails from time to time with the latest car deals and car buying tips to help you save money on your next car purchase. You can unsubscribe at any time through a link at the bottom of each email.
Information We Collect About You
We may collect the following information from you when you use the services on our Site:
- The Personal Information that You Provide. We collect Personal Information from you when you:
- Use Our Quote Form to Request Additional Information. When you use our Quote Form to request additional information regarding the purchase of a motor vehicle, we ask for Personal Information such as your first and last name, home mailing address (including street number, street name, city, state and zip code) email address, phone number and that make/model/year/trim of any vehicles that you select.
- Analytical Information. We use automated methods to collect and aggregate information regarding general use of the Site. This is collected and stored in the form of user analytics, and is used to help us improve user experience and the relevance of content that we provide and deliver. This analytical information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your IP address and the type of browser and operating system used.
- The date and time you accessed the Site and the pages you visited.
- Whether or not you linked from or to another website.
- Whether or not you open any email from FindTheBestCarPrice.com, and if so, the links that you click within the email.
- Your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used.
- Cookies, Local Shared Objects, Web Beacons and other Data Technologies. FindTheBestCarPrice.com automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Cookies. Cookies are small identifiers sent from a web server and stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser and/or storing information or settings in your browser.
- Local Shared Objects. Local shared objects are used to store your preferences or display content based on what you have viewed on other websites. They are sometimes known as “Flash Cookies”, and are used to personalize your viewing experience.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons link web pages to web servers and their cookies.
- Data Technologies. Any other technology that may be developed to track and analyze online browsing patterns and provide more customized browsing experiences on FindTheBestCarPrice.com.
- Publicly Posted Information. FindTheBestCarPrice.com may collect information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality. This information is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
- Combined Information and Information from Other Sources. We may combine Personal Information that you provide to us with information we receive from our affiliates and other sources, as well as with other information that is automatically collected. The combined information may include information about vehicle history, your interests and activities, additional demographic data, your use of the Site, your use of other websites, devices and mobile applications and information from our affiliates and other sources, and may be used to verify the accuracy of the data that you submit and/or provide us and our partners with additional insight about your preferences and the nature of your online request.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
FindTheBestCarPrice.com may share your Personal Information in the following ways:
- To Provide You with the Products or Services You Requested. We share the Personal Information that you provide to vehicle dealers, sellers and/or original equipment manufacturers, related service providers and their representatives and/or affiliates so that they can follow up with you about the nature of your request. We do this in return for compensation or otherwise. These partners may also follow up with a phone call and/or email communication to request and/or share additional information about your request. These entities may use your Personal Information to communicate with you about your request in accordance to their respective privacy policies.
- For Everyday Business. FindTheBestCarPrice.com and/or the entities with whom we share your information may contact you for everyday business purposes, include providing you with information about similar products or offers to the one that you inquired about, as well as managing your user account (if any), diagnosing technical issues, improving financial performance, improving user experience and evaluating our business.
- In Response to Legal Action. FindTheBestCarPrice.com will share your Personal Information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- To Prevent Fraud or Illegal Action. FindTheBestCarPrice.com will share your Personal Information when we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of FindTheBestCarPrice.com’s Terms or Use, or as otherwise required by law.
Outside of these circumstances listed above, we do not sell or otherwise share your Personal Information.
Transferability Notice. By providing us with your Personal Information, you expressly consent to the onward transfer of this Personal Information to the parties with whom we share it and understand that your Personal Information will be used in accordance to the terms of the Privacy Policies of the entities with whom we transfer the Personal Information.
If a person or entity bought FindTheBestCarPrice.com or the Site or if FindTheBestCarPrice.com is merged with another company or entity, FindTheBestCarPrice.com will transfer your Personal Information to the entity who either acquired or merged with FindTheBestCarPrice.com so that this party could carry on FindTheBestCarPrice.com business functions.
Verification of Vendors and Partners. As noted above, we may share your Personal Information – whether for compensation or otherwise – with various sellers, vendors, suppliers, and advertisers who wish to do business, or attempt to do business with you, so that they can sell you a motor vehicle or products and services related to the purchase and/or ownership of a motor vehicle. While we use good faith efforts to verify that such sellers, original equipment manufacturers, vendors, suppliers, and advertisers promote products and services of interest to site users, we cannot, and do not, endorse such vendors, suppliers, advertisers, products or services unless we expressly state otherwise.
Your Express Consent. By using the services on this Site, you expressly consent to give to us and to those to whom we provide your information the right to contact you and to attempt to sell to you one or more motor vehicles. Such contact may be made to the number that you provide, whether land line number or mobile phone number, using automated telephone dialing systems, text and/or pre-recorded messages. By submitting a quote form, you expressly consent to these methods of contact and the onward transfer of your consent to the parties who will be contacting you about your request. You also expressly consent to the packaging of your information and transaction of your information – for compensation or otherwise – to a vehicle seller or related party as a sales lead.
Your use of this Site establishes a business or other applicable relationship with us for purposes of CAN-SPAM, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and all other applicable law that addresses unsolicited commercial communications.
If you wish us to learn more about the data that we collect, opt-out from communications and/or refrain from providing your Personal Information in this manner, please see the opt-out information and contact information provided below.
You might be able to exercise choices regarding such companies using third-party tools. Information about those third-party tools is available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Additionally, most web browsers include a “do not track” setting. There is a lack of certainty among companies on the web about the impact of the setting on the information collected. If you enable that setting, it will not change what information is exchanged with your computer, or how that information is used, when you visit our website(s).
FindTheBestCarPrice.com uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Your Data Rights
You have the following rights as related to how we collect and store your Personal Information:
- Right to Request Information Collected and Shared. You have a right to request disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request.
- Right to Request Information Sold. You have a right to request disclosure of an itemized list of the categories of Personal Information that we have collected about you, sold about you (including the categories of the third parties to whom the information was sold) or disclosed about you for a business purpose. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request.
- Right to Delete. You have a right to request us to delete the Personal Information we have collected about you. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request.
- Right to Opt Out from Communications. You have the right, at any time, to opt out of receiving communications from us. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request.
- Right to Opt Out from Information Being Sold. You have the right, at any time, to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information by us to a third party. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request.
- Right to Non Discrimination Related to Exercising Your Rights. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise any of these rights.
Methods to Submit a Request:
- Via Email: To exercise any of the aforementioned data rights, please email us at: support AT findthebestcarprice.com, subject line “FindTheBestCarPrice – Right to Request”. In the body of your email, please clearly state the right you would like to exercise (e.g. Right to Request Information Collected and Shared, Right to Request Information Sold, Right to Delete, Right to Opt Out from Communications and/or Right to Opt Out from Information Being Sold.”
FindTheBestCarPrice.com will comply with such requests as soon as is commercially practicable. This compliance may involve batch processing and other processes that may take ten (10) days or longer to process.
NOTE: On a case by case basis and in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act and any other state or federal statutes governing the collection and storage of Personal Information, we may continue to keep your Personal Information and any related information to the extent necessary to respond to any request involving your data rights above and/or respond to any governmental or legal proceedings.
Opt-Out Rescission. If you opt out per the process set forth above, but then either (a) provide your Personal Information to us again using the Site, (b) provide your Personal Information to us again using a related site owned by a FindTheBestCarPrice.com affiliate or parent or (c) under other circumstances permit us to use your Personal Information, then we will regard your opt-out as rescinded.
Special Information for California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California users to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed certain information about you to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California users who wish to request further information in compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about FindTheBestCarPrice.com’s privacy practices may contact us at support AT findthebestcarprice.com subject line “FindTheBestCarPrice – CA Privacy Disclosures”.
Online Tracking Policy for California Residents: As of the effective date of this Privacy Statement, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers, therefore we do not respond to them.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The "help" feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy when using this site, please contact us by e-mail at: support AT findthebestcarprice.com.