Best Minivan Lease Deals [September 2021 Edition]
Minivans are not just for “soccer moms”, they are great for anyone who wants an affordable vehicle with a ton of room.
In addition to offering immense cargo space, minivans are affordable and comfortable.
If you’ve been considering getting a new minivan, now is a great time.
Table of Contents
Not looking for a minivan? Here’s our picks for the best overall lease deals for any type of vehicle from sedans and compact cars, to SUVs and pick-up trucks. Updated every month!
Best Minivan Lease Deals
Below is a list of some of the best lease deals on minivans right now. Manufacturers consistently put out attractive lease offers on their line of 2021 minivans.
|2021||Toyota||Sienna||$329/month for 36 months, $2,999 due at signing||10/4/2021|
|2021||Chrysler||Pacifica Hybrid||$179/month for 36 months, $3,999 due at signing||9/30/2021|
|2021||Chrysler||Pacifica||$349/month for 36 months, $3,799 due at signing||9/30/2021|
What Factors Should You Consider When Leasing a Minivan?
Choose a minivan that suits your driving needs and vehicle usage. In addition to the budget, here are some other important features to consider:
- Cargo Capacity. Cargo volume is one of the top features minivans offer. Assess the configuration, access to space, and overall cargo space when choosing a minivan.
- Interior Layout. Examine the interior layout. What kinds of seats are in the van, how they are laid out, and if they can be folded or removed.
- Technology Features. Look for a van with the features you value most. For example, consider navigation, Bluetooth, wireless chargers, and more.
- Safety Rating. Many people want a van to transport people. Safety is imperative for a minivan. Look for high safety ratings and modern safety features.
Benefits of a Minivan
Minivans combine the space of a van with the drivability of a smaller vehicle. They are often a great option for families or those transporting people or goods. Here are some of the top benefits minivans offer:
- Low Ground Clearance. This makes it easier to load luggage or kids.
- Accessible. Sliding doors open wide, allowing you to fit in bigger items.
- Good Gas Mileage. Compared to an SUV or truck, minivans tend to get better mileage.
- Affordable. Minivans are not as popular as they were, so you can usually score a great deal on them. They are also less expensive to maintain than other vehicles.
- Spacious Interior. Minivans offer a lot of room, giving passengers a lot of space. This makes minivans great for families and/or road trips.
- Storage Space. Minivans have removable seats and some have stowaway seats which provide a ton of space for storage.
Should You Lease or Buy a Minivan?
There’s no denying that minivans offer a lot of advantages. Even if you decide you do need a minivan, the next question is whether to lease or buy. Here are the reasons to consider each option:
Reasons for Leasing a Minivan
- Affordable monthly payments.
- Ability to upgrade every few years.
- Save on maintenance costs, as most new car leases are under the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Skip the hassle of trading or selling the minivan.
- Ability to write off the lease if you use the minivan for business.
- Always have the option to buy the minivan at the end of the lease if you decide you want it for longer.
Reasons for Buying a Minivan
- Save money in the long run while building equity in a vehicle. When you lease, you are essentially paying to use the vehicle
- You plan to use the minivan for many years.
- You want to upgrade the vehicle.
- You want to be able to sell the vehicle without penalty.
If you know you’ll want the minivan for at least 5 years, then buying it makes more sense. However, if your need for a minivan is only a few years, or you know you’d like a newer model in a few years then consider leasing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you negotiate a minivan lease?
You can and should negotiate a minivan lease. When negotiating, stick with the price of the vehicle first. Once you’ve settled on the cost, ask to use the negotiated price as your capitalized cost for leasing.
Can you lease a minivan with no money down?
Yes. Some manufacturers offer zero-down minivan leases. Check for advertised offers, but you may also be able to negotiate a zero-down deal.
Is it cheaper to buy or lease a minivan?
If you plan to keep your minivan for many years, it may be more cost-effective to buy it. However, if you like to upgrade your vehicle often or only need the minivan for a few years, leasing is the ideal option.
What minivan lasts the longest?
Two of the highest-rated minivans are the Honda Odyssey and the Toyota Sienna. Both manufacturers are known for their durable, long-lasting vehicles.
What is the most affordable minivan I can lease?
The Toyota Sienna is one of the more affordable minivans to lease, with monthly payments of around $300.