The Fourth of July holiday means a long weekend and more time to go car shopping. Car dealers know this and typically offer their best car deals of the year on long weekends to entice buyers. Some dealerships will even offer a bonus to the salesman who makes the most sales over a long weekend. Car salesmen will offer deals over the holiday weekend for a few reasons:
- A three day weekend means people have an additional day to go car shopping. So dealerships will ramp up their sales efforts with “events” and other promotions.
- Holiday car shoppers typically plan to visit multiple dealerships in one day so car dealers will do anything they can not lose you to the competition.
- Convertibles and sports cars show really well over the summer months.
- The weather is nice enough that people want to get out of the house, but hot enough that when you visit the dealership you’ll want to test drive an air conditioned car or spend time inside the showroom (expect free sodas and snacks to keep you inside).
- Car salesman have restarted their monthly quotas and want to get a jump on their July numbers in order to hit their bonus targets. Especially since this is the only holiday of the month.
If you are looking for 4th of July car incentives, check out Edmund’s Deals of the Month. And if you go to a car lot to see what’s on sale, don’t buy anything at the dealership. Head home to find the best car prices online to get the best deals this holiday.
Want to buy a car near (or below) dealer cost?
Get the free 10-Day Car Buying Expert Email Course
- How to buy a car at the best possible price (by making dealers compete)
- When is the best time to buy a car?
- How to find the best financing available (by making lenders compete)
- How to sell or trade-in your car for maximum value