Presidents Day Weekend is often a great time to buy a car and this year is no different. Three day weekends usually mean some of the biggest promotions and deepest discounts of the year.
Car salesmen are offering special deals over Presidents Day Weekend for these reasons:
- As the winter draws to a close, dealers want to get rid of SUV's and all wheel drive vehicles before demand dries up in the spring.
- Salesmen and dealerships are trying to reach their month-end quotas before the end of February. The loss they take from a couple sales may be greatly outweighed by the bonus they could possibly earn.
- Three day weekends mean people have an extra day to shop. So dealerships will ramp up their sales efforts with “events” and other promotions.
- Some dealerships will offer a bonus to the salesman who makes the most sales over a long weekend.
- Most of the winter is historically a sales slump and dealers know it will be tough to get car buyers to brave the cold and do any shopping.
Below are some of the best Presidents Day car deals. For a full listing of all current manufacturer offers and incentives check out Edmund’s Deals of the Month.
[table id=13 /]updated: February 12, 2017 (These offers may change so check Edmunds for current guaranteed price quotes.)
Remember, follow these simple steps to get the best deal on a new car. The key is to make car dealers compete on price. You can literally save thousands on the price of a new car by taking the right steps.
- Get Internet prices from local dealers
- Email each dealer and ask them to beat your best price
- Setup an appointment