Wheelzy Review: How Fast Can You Sell Your Car?
Wheelzy promises a guaranteed, simple, trusted way to sell your car from anywhere in the United States. They provide a guaranteed instant offer and free pickup for all car sales to facilitate a fast process.
Can you really sell your car that fast and easy with Wheelzy? From the sounds of the many stellar reviews, you can, but you might not always get the bang for your buck you were hoping for.
In our Wheelzy review, we take a closer look at how their service works and if it’s worth it.
Table of Contents
- What Is Wheelzy?
- How Does Wheelzy Work?
- How to Sell a Car Through Wheelzy
- Can You Buy a Car Through Wheelzy?
- Can You Negotiate with Wheelzy?
- Wheelzy Fees – What’s the Catch?
- Wheelzy Review – The Good & Bad
- Wheelzy Customer Reviews & Complaints
- Alternatives to Wheelzy
- Best Car Deals by Category
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Wheelzy?
Wheelzy is an online platform that buys cars for cash. The company is based in Orlando and is quickly emerging as a top choice for selling cars. They are focused on providing a fast way for people to sell their vehicles.
Is Wheelzy Legit?
Wheelzy is a legitimate company. They follow through on what they offer, which is to purchase vehicles in any condition. They are not accredited with the BBB, but they have 4.1 out of 5 stars on the BBB.
They also have strong customer ratings on several noteworthy websites including, Trustpilot, Google Reviews, and Facebook reviews.
Where Is Wheelzy Available?
Wheelzy is available throughout the United States. They operate in all zip codes, so you can sell your vehicle to them from anywhere in the U.S.
How Does Wheelzy Work?
Wheelzy buys cars from people in the U.S., focusing on creating a fast, simple process for doing so. Sellers submit their car information, and Wheelzy provides an instant cash offer. They pick up the vehicles they sell.
How Does Wheelzy's Instant Offer Work?
After submitting your vehicle details, Wheelzy will contact you with an instant cash offer. The offer is guaranteed, so it will not change when they come to pick up your car.
You can either accept or decline the offer, but if you accept it, then you can expect cash or check when they pick up your vehicle.
How to Sell a Car Through Wheelzy
Here are the basic steps of selling your car through Wheelzy:
- Head to the Wheelzy homepage.
- Enter the details of your vehicle, including the year, make and model. Enter your name and contact information, then click “Get Offer.”
- Fill out the vehicle condition assessment. You will need to note any damage and where the damage is located. You should also have your VIN ready to ensure the most accurate quote.
- Wheelzy will contact you to talk about your cash offer. They will send you a message if you do not answer the call, so you can call back when you’re able to.
- When you accept the cash offer, Wheelzy will send a free tow truck to pick up the vehicle. Make sure you have your vehicle title.
- Wheelzy then deals with all of the paperwork for the sale.
- You get the cash in your hand the same day your vehicle is picked up.
Can You Trade-In a Car Through Wheelzy?
No, you cannot trade in a car through Wheelzy. Right now, you can only sell your car.
Can You Buy a Car Through Wheelzy?
Right now, you cannot privately buy a car through Wheelzy. They only provide services for you to sell your car to them.
However, they state that they have connections in the car industry and aim to repair/restore as many vehicles as possible. If you are a certified dealer, then you may be able to purchase vehicles from Wheelzy, but you should contact them to learn more.
What if you're not a certified dealer? Check out the used car inventory at Carvana.
Can You Negotiate with Wheelzy?
No, you cannot negotiate with Wheelzy. They determine their cash offer based on several factors, including the make/model, year, condition, mileage, and market. You can either accept or decline the offer.
Wheelzy Fees – What’s the Catch?
So far, selling your car through Wheelzy sounds great, but what’s the catch? Let’s take a look at how they make money.
How Does Wheelzy Make Money?
Wheelzy does not charge any fees for their service, so how do they make money? One way is by offering less than the vehicle is worth. Since they guarantee offers without inspection, they must err on the side of a low offer to ensure they don’t overpay.
Essentially, Wheelzy offers much less for your vehicle than you could get with a private sale. This way, they can generate a profit margin when they restore and resell or recycle, the vehicle.
Does Wheelzy Pickup Vehicles?
Yes, Wheelzy picks up the vehicles they purchase. Wheelzy works with local contractors to arrange vehicle pickups from anywhere in the U.S. Pickup is free when you sell your vehicle.
Wheelzy Review – The Good & Bad
Pros: Here’s What I Like About Wheelzy
- Strong customer service reputation
- They buy junk cars and wrecked cars
- Instant offer, haggle-free.
- Cash offers
- Towing included
- Very fast process for selling your car.
Cons: Here’s What I Don’t Like About Wheelzy
- Offer significantly less than the value of the vehicle.
- Contacts who pick up vehicles may be late, rude, etc. Wheelzy has less control over the contracted agents.
- Cannot purchase vehicles or trade-in.
Wheelzy Customer Reviews & Complaints
Overall, Wheelzy has a sellar customer rating. On Trustpilot, they have 4.8 out of 5 stars from nearly 20,000 reviews. On Facebook, they have 4.9 out of 5 stars out of over 800 reviews.
Positive reviews largely discuss the fast, simple, easy process. They found that selling their cars through Wheelzy was very quick and convenient. Many reviewers also discuss the great customer service they experienced.
This is in stark contrast to many other online car buying and selling platforms that often receive complaints about customer service, including speed or quality of communication. However, Wheelzy prioritizes the customer experience and this is largely reflected in the many positive customer reviews.
While Wheelzy has very few reviews, they do have some common complaints even from overall happy customers. The biggest complaint cited was the low offer, and how they felt they could have gotten more elsewhere. The second most common issue was poor communication and timeliness from the towers, which are technically third-party contractors that Wheelzy hires.
Alternatives to Wheelzy
Wheelzy provides good service and can be a great option if you want to get rid of a vehicle quickly. It’s especially ideal for older cars or those in bad condition that would be hard to sell. Their guaranteed rates and free towing are major perks.
However, Wheelzy is not the only option for selling your car online. If you want to get the most for your vehicle, you should also get quotes from the alternatives to Wheelzy including:
- Peddle. Peddle also buys cars in all conditions nationwide. They provide you with a free quote and will tow the vehicle within 48 hours of accepting the offer. But, they do not provide guaranteed offers. Learn more about Peddle in our review.
- CarMax. CarMax has a no-haggle policy, and you can submit your information online from the comfort of your home. However, they also have in-person dealerships, which may be ideal if you’re looking to trade in your vehicle for a new purchase. Read our full CarMax review here.
- WeBuyAnyCar. They provide a fast, convenient process for selling a car from the comfort of your home. Read our full review of WeBuyAnyCar.
- CarBrain. CarBrain offers a “market for less-than-perfect cars”, providing a fast and easy way to sell your car from your home. Read our full review of CarBrain.
- Shift. If you’re looking to buy and sell cars haggle-free, consider the online used car dealer Shift. Check out our Shift review.
- Carvana. Carvana is one of the biggest names in the online car dealer space. They provide a comprehensive online car selling and buying experience. Learn more in our Carvana review.
- Vroom. Vroom is another popular online-used car dealership that also provides financing options. Read our full Vroom review, and see how Vroom and Carvana stack up in this comparison.
- Gettacar: Gettacar’s online used car platform provides a streamlined car buying and selling experience. Learn more about Gettacar in our review.
Best Car Deals by Category
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens to my car after selling it to Wheelzy?
What happens to your car after Wheelzy buys it depends on the condition of the car. Oftentimes, they repair vehicles to get them running and then sell them to their “connections throughout the car industry.” If a vehicle is beyond repair, then Wheelzy will sell it for parts or recycle it.
What type of cars does Wheelzy buy?
Wheelzy buys cars, trucks, and vans of all makes and models manufactured after 1981, and in all conditions.
Will Wheelzy buy a junk car?
Wheelzy will buy cars in all current conditions, including junk cars. Of course, you can expect to get a fairly low offer for a junk car, but it can still be a good way to get rid of the vehicle and get a little cash as well.
Does Wheelzy give you cash?
Yes, Wheelzy gives cash. You will either receive cash or a check for your vehicle from the towers when they come to pick up your car.
How much is Wheelzy?
Wheelzy does not charge sellers anything for using their service. Instead, they make money from restoring and reselling, or recycling the cars they buy.
When was Wheelzy founded?
Wheelzy was founded in 2014 in central Florida.