Gettacar Guide & Review: Is It Worth It?
Get a quality used vehicle delivered to your door. Love it, or return it. That’s what Gettacar, an online used car platform, promises.
Do they really offer a quality, hassle-free car buying and selling experience? Many satisfied customers seem to think they do, but it may not always be the case.
We provide a detailed look at how Gettacr works and if they live up to the promise.
Table of Contents
- What Is Gettacar?
- How Does Gettacar Work?
- How to Buy a Car Through Gettacar
- How to Sell a Car Through Gettacar
- Does Gettacar Provide Financing?
- Can You Negotiate with Gettacar?
- Can I Refinance an Existing Loan Through Gettacar?
- Gettacar Fees – What’s the Catch?
- Does Gettacar Offer Protection Plans & Warranties?
- Gettacar Review – The Good & Bad
- Gettacar Customer Reviews & Complaints
- Alternatives to Gettacar
- Best Car Deals by Category
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Gettacar?
Gettacar is an online used car dealership. They offer a 100% online car buying process that’s simple and haggle-free. Through their platform, you can complete the entire process online and finalize the purchase.
Can I Trust Gettacar?
Gettacar is a legitimate company that’s helped many customers purchase a used vehicle online. They have 4.7 out of 5 stars on Google out of 176 reviews and 4.7 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot out of over 300 reviews.
Overall, they have a strong reputation that suggests you can trust them. However, you should still ensure you get a good deal by examining other online and offline dealerships and making sure you understand their return/warranty policies before buying.
How Does Gettacar Work?
Gettacar offers a hassle-free online car buying experience. You can get a car delivered to your door. With Gettacar, you can shop for a used vehicle, trade-in your vehicle, or sell your vehicle online.
How to Buy a Car Through Gettacar
Here’s what you need to know about buying a car through Gettacar:
- Browse Inventory. Head to their website and search for a vehicle.
- Choose Your Car. You can use the filters to search for a vehicle that meets your needs. Filter results based on features, body type, price, and more.
- Review Vehicle Details. Read through all of the information on the vehicle. If there are any that stand out, you can instantly review the CARFAX report.
- Financing. You can choose to finance a vehicle through a third party, through Gettacar’s lending partners, or on your own.
- Vehicle Application. Complete the vehicle application with details like your name, address, and salary.
- Optional Coverage. You can then choose to purchase the Gettacare extended warranty and GAP insurance.
- Finalize Details. You receive an email confirmation from their team. Finalize the purchase and scheduled delivery.
- Test Drive. Gettacar delivers the vehicle to your house, where you can test drive it.
- 7-Day Trial. You get 7 days to ensure the car meets your needs. If not, then you can return or exchange it.
How to Sell a Car Through Gettacar
Here’s how you can sell a car through Gettacar:
- Enter Information. Enter your license plate number and state on their website. You can enter your VIN instead as well.
- Receive Offer. Gettacar will then send over your offer. The offer is guaranteed for 4 days or 300 more miles, whichever comes first.
- Accept Offer. If you accept the offer, Gettacar will come to pick up the vehicle and then send your payment.
- Verify Information. You must be able to verify vehicle ownership and provide an account for payment. You will be able to upload this information to your Gettacar account. There, it will state exactly what documentation and photos you need to provide.
Can You Trade-In a Car Through Gettacar?
Yes, Gettacar allows you to trade in your vehicle. The process to trade in follows the car buying process. Before choosing coverage (after filling out the application), you can indicate if you’d like to trade in your current vehicle.
If so, then Gettacar provides you with a competitive offer and free pickup. They calculate trade-in value based on recent sales of similar vehicles, vehicle conditions, and more.
Does Gettacar Provide Financing?
Gettacar offers financing options. They do not directly provide financing, but they connect you to their preferred lending partners. However, you can also finance via cash or a third-party lender as well.
Can You Negotiate with Gettacar?
Prices on Gettacar are haggle-free, which means you cannot negotiate. You must accept or decline the price they offer for trade-ins and car sales. For car buying, the price posted on their site is what they will accept.
Can I Refinance an Existing Loan Through Gettacar?
You can refinance an existing loan through Gettacar if you trade in the vehicle. Gettacar will provide you with an offer for your trade-in. They then add the negative equity left to your new loan.
Gettacar Fees – What’s the Catch?
Here’s what you need to know about Gettacar fees:
How Does Gettacar Make Money?
Gettacar makes money buying and selling used cars, much like traditional used-car dealerships. They purchase or accept trade-ins for less than they sell them for. This is how other dealerships work as well. They also make money through their financing partners, likely in the form of commission.
Does Gettacar Deliver & Pickup Vehicles?
Yes, Gettacar delivers and picks up vehicles. When you purchase a vehicle, they include free delivery. They will also pick up your trade-in for free. They also pick up your vehicle when you sell it.
What is Gettacar’s Return Policy?
Gettacar offers a 7-day, 250-mile return policy (whichever comes first). If you want to return or exchange the vehicle, you must notify them by 5 pm EST on the 7th day after receiving the vehicle. They only accept returns if the vehicle is unmodified and free of new damage.
Does Gettacar Offer Protection Plans & Warranties?
Gettacar offers a free guarantee. The Gettacar guarantee includes 365 days of protection and maintenance. It covers your new vehicle for 365 calendar days or 12,000 miles.
You can also purchase extended coverage for 3 years. The extended warranty provides coverage for all major car systems, including the engine, electrical, brakes, steering, suspension, cooling, AC, technology, EV, transmission, fuel system, and battery. They also offer a preventative maintenance package for tire rotation and oil changes.
However, Gettacar uses a third party, Alpha Warranty, for its warranties. You can file a claim directly with Alpha.
Gettacar Review – The Good & Bad
Pros: Here’s What I Like About Gettacar
- Simple. Easy car buying experience.
- Fast. Quick process.
- Delivery. Free delivery and pickup.
- Haggle-Free. No wasted time on negotiation.
- Positive Experience. Overwhelmingly positive reviews, suggesting a great customer experience.
- Warranty. Strong warranty options.
- Return Policy. Good return policy.
Cons: Here’s What I Don’t Like About Gettacar
- Potential Low-Quality Cars. Still poses a risk for purchasing low-quality used vehicles.
- Slow Response. Slow responses from customer service.
- Use of Third Party Services. Uses third parties for financing and warranty, which can make it difficult to get things within the warranty covered.
- Test Drive. Offers a 7-day test drive, but you have to go through the purchase process first.
Gettacar Customer Reviews & Complaints
Overall, reviews about Gettacar are quite positive. They have an excellent rating (over 4.6 stars) on both Trustpilot and Google. Most customers talk about a great experience with excellent customer service.
Of course, there are still a few negative reviews. Most of the bad reviews complain that the car did not come in the condition they expected. Some reviews also complained about the delivery or slow customer service. A Gettacar representative always responded in detail to each review, looking for a solution for those with complaints.
Alternatives to Gettacar
Gettacar is a solid option for buying, selling, or trading in your vehicle online. However, it’s not the only option. Here are some Gettacar alternatives to consider:
- Carvana: Carvana is one of Gettacar’s biggest competitors. They offer a complete online car buying and selling experience. Read our full Carvana review here.
- Vroom: Vroom is an online-used car dealership. They also offer financing options. Check out our Vroom review as well as our Vroom vs. Carvana comparison.
- Carmax: CarMax is a used car dealership that offers online options as well. You can opt for curbside delivery or pickup. Learn more about CarMax in our review.
- Shift: Shift is another online used car dealer. They allow you to buy and sell haggle-free. Read our Shift review.
- Used Car Search Engines: Local and franchise car dealers share their listings on used car search engines like CarsDirect and Edmunds.
- Rental Car Companies: Another great option for quality used cars is to buy from rental car companies. Avis, Hertz, and Enterprise all sell their used rental cars. Read our comparison review here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Gettacar free?
There does not appear to be any additional fee for using Gettacar. They make money by selling used cars for more than they bought them. It’s free to buy and sell on Gettacar.
Is Gettacar legit?
Gettacar is a legit company that hundreds of people have used for their used car buying. They have many customer reviews and BBB accreditation.
Is Gettacar worth it?
Gettacar is worth using in your car buying/selling process. Since it is free to browse inventory or request a quote, it’s worth considering.
Does Gettacar lease cars?
As of right now, you can buy, sell, or trade-in a vehicle with Gettacar. They do not offer leasing at this time.
Where is Gettacar available?
Gettacar is available in some U.S. markets. New York City and Washington D.C. are two of the markets. At the beginning of 2021, Gettacar announced its plan to spread to more markets throughout the U.S.
Does Gettacar check credit scores?
If you opt for financing through Gettacar’s lending partners, they will check your credit history. If you have poor credit, adding a cosigner can increase your chances of being accepted.