Peddle Review: How Easy Is It to Sell Your Car?
I am a serial entrepreneur and a consumer advocate. When I’m not helping car buyers, I love working on ventures that have a positive impact.
Selling your car from the comfort of your home may sound like a dream, but with Peddle, this dream can be a reality.
As avid car guys, we know how hard it is to find a reliable place to sell your car. Does Peddle fit that bill? And can you count on a good price? The good news is that they accept cars of all conditions, but it may not always be the best option.
In our full Peddle review, we’ll explain more about how their service works and if they live up to the promises.
Table of Contents
- What is Peddle?
- How Does Peddle Work?
- How to Sell a Car Through Peddle
- Can You Buy a Car Through Peddle?
- Can You Negotiate with Peddle?
- Peddle Fees – What’s the Catch?
- Peddle Review – The Good & Bad
- Peddle Customer Reviews & Complaints
- Alternatives to Peddle
- Best Car Deals by Category
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Peddle?
Formerly known as “junkmycar.com”, Peddle is an online car-buying service. Peddle gives sellers an instant offer for their vehicles. They claim to provide a simple, modern way to sell your car online.
The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas, and has been around for over 17 years.
Is Peddle Legit?
Peddle is a legit company. It has been certified since 2013. They have an A+ business rating with the Better Business Burea, and 59 total complaints in the last 3 years. They are a real business, and thousands of people have sold vehicles to Peddle.
Where Is Peddle Available?
Peddle is available everywhere in the United States. You can sell your vehicle to them from anywhere in the U.S.
However, their largest markets include Austin, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Seattle, and more.
How Does Peddle Work?
Peddle buys vehicles in all conditions from people around the United States. They provide buyers with an instant offer based on their vehicle details, and will then coordinate the pickup of the vehicle.
They work with a number of local contractors around the country to ensure a fast, easy process.
How Does Peddle's Instant Offer Work?
After you submit the details about your car, Peddle will give you an instant offer. You have 7 days to accept or decline the offer.
If you accept the offer, the pickup driver will meet you to pick up your vehicle. He will inspect it and then proceed with the purchase.
If the quality of your vehicle is not as described, you may not receive the same amount as the instant offer.
How to Sell a Car Through Peddle
Selling your car through Peddle is fairly simple. Here are the details:
- Enter Info. Fill out a simple form about your vehicle. You’ll need to include details about the make, model, mileage, damage, etc. Ideally, have the VIN available.
- Receive Quote. Receive your instant quote. You have 7 days to accept it.
- Accept Offer. Accept the offer, and Peddle will pick up your vehicle. They will contact you to set up the pickup date and location.
- Payment. They provide you with cash or check payments upon picking up the vehicle. Note that you will only receive the instant offer value if your vehicle is as described.
Can You Trade-In a Car Through Peddle?
No, you cannot trade in your car through Peddle, because you cannot buy a car through Peddle (as a regular daily driver). You can only sell your car to Peddle at this time. There are some alternative sites, that we’ll discuss below, that allow you to trade in.
Can You Buy a Car Through Peddle?
Daily drivers cannot buy a car through Peddle, as they are not a service for car buyers.
However, they do sell vehicles to licensed buyers through the Peddle Buyer Program. You can apply for the program on their website.
If you're searching for a used car, check out Carvana's inventory.
Can You Negotiate with Peddle?
You cannot negotiate with Peddle on the offer they give you. However, if you do not want to accept the original offer, you can opt to list your vehicle through its buyer network.
This way, you can sell your vehicle privately to an interested buyer. You may be able to get more money for your vehicle this way, but it may also take longer. Furthermore, buyers in the network can negotiate with the price you set.
Peddle Fees – What’s the Catch?
How much does Peddle cost? The answer may surprise you. Peddle does not charge any fees. You do not have to pay anything to sell your car to Peddle.
How Does Peddle Make Money?
Peddle makes money by reselling or recycling the vehicles they buy. They collaborate with junkyards, salvage professionals, and car buyers to handle the cars they buy.
Does Peddle Pickup Vehicles?
Yes, Peddle picks up the vehicle from you for no additional charge. This makes it easy and convenient for you to sell your vehicle without the hassle of delivery/pickup.
Peddle Review – The Good & Bad
Pros: Here’s What I Like About Peddle
- Very convenient, they require very little personal information.
- Will purchase cars in any condition, of any age.
- Reliable, they pay what they say they will.
- Fast, simple process.
- Overall, good customer service.
- Provide instant offers.
Cons: Here’s What I Don’t Like About Peddle
- They give you a lower offer than what you could get with a private sale.
- Many complaints about the pickup process.
- May not be ideal for newer, higher-value vehicles.
- Price is not guaranteed; it’s subject to change based on vehicle inspection.
Peddle Customer Reviews & Complaints
Peddle has a strong customer reputation overall. They have 4.8 stars out of over 80,000 reviews on Trustpilot. They also have an A+ rating on the BBB.
Positive reviews talk about how quick and easy the service was. They note how quickly the vehicle was picked up and how fast they received their money. Positive reviews also talk about how good the customer service was.
Of course, there are still some negative reviews. Not all customers had a great experience. One common complaint was not receiving the same value as the instant offer. Another common complaint was that not all of the contracted pickup people were good to work with.
Alternatives to Peddle
Overall, Peddle appears to be a good option for selling your car. It takes far less time to sell to Peddle than it does to sell privately. You can also sell vehicles in all conditions, which can be very helpful for those with older or damaged cars.
While it’s definitely worth looking at Peddle to sell your used vehicle, it’s not your only option. There are other sites that provide a simple, fast way to sell your car, and some of them also allow you to buy or trade-in vehicles. Here are some of the top Peddle alternatives:
- Carvana: Buy, trade-in, or sell used cars from home with Carvana. It’s one of the most well-known online used car dealers. Learn more about Carvana in our full review.
- Vroom. Vroom is one of Carvana’s biggest competitors, and it is a used car dealership. They also offer financing options. Read our full Vroom review as well as our detailed Vroom vs Carvana comparison.
- Carmax. CarMax has both brick-and-mortar locations and an online used car dealership. They provide curbside pickup and delivery as well. Learn all about CarMax in our review.
- Gettacar. Gettacar is a solid option for buying, selling, or trading in your vehicle online. Read our Gettacar review here.
- WeBuyAnyCar. Sell your car from home with WeBuyAnyCar and their simple process. How does WeBuyAnyCar work? Read our full review.
- CarBrain. CarBrain offers a “market for less-than-perfect cars”, providing a fast and easy way to sell your car from your home. Read our full review of CarBrain.
- Wheelzy. Wheelzy provides good service and can be a great option if you want to get rid of a vehicle quickly. It’s especially ideal for older cars or those in bad condition that would be hard to sell. Read our full review of Wheelzy.
- Carwiser: Carwiser is a site that promises to help sellers get the best price for their cars by letting customers choose from multiple offers. Find out more in our review
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens to my car after selling it to Peddle?
What happens to your vehicle depends on its condition. Peddle may resell it through their buyer’s program, or they may recycle it. They collaborate with junkyards, salvage professionals, and car buyers to handle the cars they buy.
What type of cars does Peddle buy?
Peddle buys many different types of vehicles in any condition. You can sell well-maintained used vehicles, cars of any age, very old cars, junk cars, wrecked vehicles, and even cars that don’t run to Peddle.
Will Peddle buy a junk car?
Peddle does buy junk cars.
Does Peddle give you cash?
Cash payments may be possible depending on the amount of the transaction and other variables, but most often, Peddle pays with a check.
How much is Peddle?
There is no added fee to sell your vehicle to Peddle. Peddle makes their money from reselling and recycling the vehicles they buy.
When was Peddle founded?
Peddle was founded in 2011. They’ve also been accredited since 2013.