Infiniti Warranty Coverage Guide [Factory & Extended Warranty]
Michael Collado is a car buying expert and has been a professional automotive writer since 2009. He’s written about dealership sales, vehicle reviews and comparisons, and service and maintenance for over 100 national automotive dealerships. Previously, Collado was a copywriter at the ad agency TBWA/Chiat/Day where he worked on brand campaigns for Nissan, ABC Television, Sony PlayStation, and Energizer. His recognition in the ad industry includes awards from Communication Arts and The Clios.
Collado has a Bachelor’s degree from the University of South Florida, with a major in Psychology and a minor in Marketing.
All INFINITI vehicles come with a factory bumper-to-bumper warranty. However, what are your options when your vehicle’s factory warranty expires?
To help you understand everything that you need to know about INFINITI manufacturer warranties, we have created this handy guide to help you properly protect your INFINITI during your ownership experience.
Compare the best third-party warranty providers here >>
Table of Contents
- What Is the Standard INFINITI Warranty?
- What Is the INFINITI Extended Warranty?
- INFINITI Additional Extended Warranty Plans
- Protect Your INFINITI Lease
- INFINITI Additional Benefits
- How Much Does INFINITI Extended Warranty Cost?
- What is Not Covered By INFINITI Extended Warranty?
- Should I Get the INFINITI Extended Warranty?
- INFINITI Extended Warranty vs. Third-Party Extended Warranty
- Can I Cancel my INFINITI Extended Warranty?
- What to Do When Your INFINITI Warranty Expires?
- INFINITI Maintenance Guide
- INFINITI Reliability & Dependability Ratings
- Best Car Deals by Category
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Standard INFINITI Warranty?
The standard warranty includes a 4-year or 60,000-mile bumper-to-bumper limited warranty which includes corrosion coverage. Additionally, there is a 6-year or 70,000-mile limited powertrain warranty.
New Vehicle Warranty
The new vehicle warranty is a factory bumper-to-bumper warranty that lasts for 4-years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. This warranty covers all repairs to the vehicle due to defects.
The powertrain warranty lasts for 72 months or 72,000 miles, whichever comes first. The powertrain warranty covers the following components:
- Front-Wheel Drive
- Four-Wheel / All-Wheel Drive
The INFINITI corrosion warranty provides coverage for up to 8 years and unlimited miles.
Federal Emission Performance Warranty
INFINITI’s Federal Emission Performance warranty lasts for 24 months or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first. This warranty covers parts of the emissions control system.
INFINITI’s CPO warranty is the same as the new car warranty. That means that your CPO vehicle comes with a 4-year or 60,000-mile bumper-to-bumper limited warranty. Also included is a roadside assistance plan.
What Is the INFINITI Extended Warranty?
After the factory warranty has ended, owners have the option to purchase an INFINITI extended warranty. Here’s a look at the available extended warranty options:
INFINITI Extended Limited Warranty
The manufacturer offers the INFINITI Elite Protection Program which includes a number of different program options, with different deductibles. This program covers over 1,650 parts and is available for up to 8 years or 120,000 miles. The extended warranty replaces the 4-year or 60,000 standard warranty. The program includes the following additional benefits:
- Roadside Assistance
- Car Rental
- Trip Interruption Reimbursement
INFINITI Additional Extended Warranty Plans
INFINITI also provides a number of other plans which allow you to better protect your vehicle. Here’s an overview of what each plan has to offer:
Pre-Paid Maintenance Agreement
This plan allows you to get maintenance coverage from any INFINITI service center. This service is available in four levels:
- Oil Change Only: Only includes oil change services.
- Basic: Adds tire rotation services.
- Basic Plus: Adds tire road hazard protection and 13 inspection services.
- Scheduled: Adds all scheduled maintenance and inspection services.
All agreements are transferable and include INFINITI replacement parts.
Tire & Wheel Protection
INFINITI provides a tire & wheel protection program that helps protect against any damage on these parts through normal wear and tear. This program includes the following benefits:
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance
- Flat Tire Coverage
- Tire Replacement
- Wheel / Rim Protection
- Mounting / Balancing Tires
- Road Hazard Coverage
- Optional Curb & Cosmetic Coverage
Appearance Protection Plan
INFINITI Appearance protection plan allows you to enjoy protection from cosmetic damage to the vehicle. Here are the following benefits of the plan:
- Available for New and Used Vehicles
- Up to a 7-Year Renewable Agreement
- Paint Protection
- Interior / Fabric / Vinyl / Leather Protection
Key Replacement Plan
This plan allows you to have your keyfob replaced in case it is lost or stolen. Here are the following benefits of the plan:
- 24-Hour Emergency Replacement
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance
- Available Rental Car Discounts
- 24-Hour Concierge Center
Protect Your INFINITI Lease
If you lease an INFINITI, you will have the option to purchase a lease warranty and protection plans that can help protect against certain situations.
Lease Wear & Tear
This warranty plan can protect you from having to pay excess wear and tear costs at the end of your lease. The plan covers the following:
- Dings, Dents, Scratches, and Chipped Paint
- Stains, Burns, and Tears of Upholstery & Carpet
- Tires & Wheels
- Chipped & Cracked Glass
- Missing Parts, Owner’s Manuals, and Keys ($100 or less per item)
Platinum w/ Lease-End Protection
The Ultimate Platinum Plan with Lease-End Protection Plan provides a suite of benefits that will allow a range of protection throughout your lease. Here are the benefits of the plan:
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance
- Paintless Dent Repair
- Tire and Wheel Protection
- Windshield Repair
- Lease-End Protection up to $1,500
INFINITI Additional Benefits
INFINITI warranties offer a number of additional benefits:
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance
- Transferable Policies
- Towing Reimbursement
- Rental Car Benefits
How Much Does INFINITI Extended Warranty Cost?
The cost of the Elite Protection Plan can range from $1,500 to $2,500.
What is Not Covered By INFINITI Extended Warranty?
The INFINITI Extended Warranty will not cover maintenance costs such as oil changes, tire rotations, wheel alignment, timing belt replacements, tune-ups, etc.
Should I Get the INFINITI Extended Warranty?
When considering an INFINITI extended warranty, you have to consider a number of factors:
- The Age/Condition of the Vehicle
- How Long Do You Plan to Keep the Vehicle?
- Your Monthly Budget
- Your Savings
When considering extended warranties, you should first take a look at the manufacturer’s warranty. After that, you should consider taking a look at third-party warranties.
INFINITI Extended Warranty vs. Third-Party Extended Warranty
If you’re looking for an extended warranty, there are plenty of third-party options to consider outside of the manufacturer.
|Max Coverage Length
Can I Cancel my INFINITI Extended Warranty?
Yes. You can cancel the INFINITI extended warranty before it expires. If you cancel within the first 60 days without a claim, then you can receive a full refund.
What to Do When Your INFINITI Warranty Expires?
After the INFINITI Extended Warranty has expired, you have some options available:
- Purchase an Additional Extended Warranty From INFINITI
- Get a Third-Party Extended Warranty
- Keep the Car Without a Warranty
- Sell the Car
INFINITI Maintenance Guide
Here is the recommended scheduled maintenance plan for INFINITI vehicles:
INFINITI 7,500-Mile / Annual Service
- Engine Oil, Spark Plugs, Brake Fluid, Air Filter
- Tire Pressure, Brad Pads, Steering Gears, Radiator, Body, Coolant, Windshield Wipers, Headlights, Electrical Systems, Battery
INFINITI Reliability & Dependability Ratings
Across the board, INFINITI has an above-average reliability and dependability rating.
- RepairPal: 3.5 out of 5.0 stars
- Consumer Reports: “Fit and finish is usually strong as well as the powertrains.”
- J.D. Power & Associates: Top Rated in SUV quality in 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a basic INFINITI warranty last?
The basic INFINITI factory warranty lasts 4-years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.
How long does an INFINITI extended warranty last?
The INFINITI extended warranty can vary in duration from 2-years and 26,000 miles up to 8-years and 120,000 miles.
Does INFINITI extended warranty cover maintenance?
No. The INFINITI extended warranty will not cover maintenance. However, they do have a pre-paid maintenance plan to help make maintenance more affordable.
Is the INFINITI extended warranty worth it?
The INFINITI extended warranty is worth it if you intend to drive your vehicle for longer than 4-years of 60,000 miles. To decide for yourself, you must evaluate your budget, savings, and car-ownership intentions. Additionally, you should shop around and compare quotes from third-party providers as well as INFINITI to find the best option.
Can I transfer by INFINITI warranty?
Yes, you can transfer your INFINITI warranty with no fees.
Are INFINITI vehicles expensive to repair?
INFINITI has an average repair cost for the luxury segment. The average repair of an INFINITI is about $638.
Where can I take my INFINITI for repairs under warranty?
You can take your INFINITI to any INFINITI service center for repairs under warranty.