11 Best Tonneau Covers for Ford F-150
Michael Collado is a car buying expert and has been a professional automotive writer since 2009. He’s written about dealership sales, vehicle reviews and comparisons, and service and maintenance for over 100 national automotive dealerships. Previously, Collado was a copywriter at the ad agency TBWA/Chiat/Day where he worked on brand campaigns for Nissan, ABC Television, Sony PlayStation, and Energizer. His recognition in the ad industry includes awards from Communication Arts and The Clios.
Collado has a Bachelor’s degree from the University of South Florida, with a major in Psychology and a minor in Marketing.
Whatever you’re hauling and wherever you’re hauling it to, you need to be sure the contents of the back of your F-150 are contained.
These tonneau covers have you covered.
We've researched the best tonneau covers for the Ford F-150. All information has been updated for the 2022/2023 F-150 truck models.
Table of Contents
- Best Overall Tonneau Cover
- Best Budget-Friendly Tonneau Cover
- Best Hard Tonneau Cover
- Best Soft Tonneau Cover
- Best Retractable Tonneau Cover
- Best Folding Tonneau Cover
- Best Roll-Up Tonneau Cover
- Best Hinged Tonneau Cover
- Best Snap Tonneau Cover
- Best Tool Box Tonneau Cover
- Best Electric Tonneau Cover
- Best Car Deals by Category
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Overall Tonneau Cover
When you want a reliable, protective cover that can handle lots of different weather situations, then the OPEDRO Soft Roll-Up Cover Bed is an ideal choice. The affordable model has one of the highest overall customer ratings.
- Composed of double-layer PVC,
- No extra tools are required. No drilling is needed.
- Tested for UV protection.
- Affordable - One of the best-priced covers for a Ford F-150.
- Easy installation - Can be installed with tools in under 30 minutes.
- Roll-Up Design - Easy to open and close.
- Soft-cover model - This cover is on the high end in pricing.
- Doesn’t fit all F-150 models - Sorry Raptor fans. This cover will not work for your performance truck.
Best Budget-Friendly Tonneau Cover
Looking for a great deal on a versatile cover? Then check out the MOSTPLUS 4-Quad Fold Soft Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover. This cover features four horizontal cross bars for extra durability and rigidity.
- Easy Installation, all required harnesses are included
- Quad Fold Truck bed is made of double-sided tear-resistant vinyl
- Waterproof & UV resistant
- No drill installation - No drilling in your truck is required.
- Weather resistant - Designed to handle most weather conditions.
- Durable construction - This cover includes four horizontal cross bars
- Basic design - The design is pretty simple and straightforward.
- Only fits 6.5 fi beds - Not compatible with short beds.
Best Hard Tonneau Cover
Need a cover that can handle the right weather and heavier loads? Then you should take a look at the OERDO Hard Trifold Truck Cover. This cover features an aluminum honeycomb plate cover that is among the most durable on the market today.
- Aluminum honeycomb design.
- Supports up to 350 pounds of evenly distributed weight
- No drilling required
- Durable aluminum honeycomb design - The aluminum design makes it ideal for extra security and all-season use.
- UV protection - This cover is designed to handle intense weather exposure.
- Up to 350 pounds of weight support - Supports more weight than most other covers.
- Pricey - Priced at the high end.
- Not designed for Raptor - Raptor drivers will need to find another cover.
Best Soft Tonneau Cover
The TruXedo Soft Roll Up Tonneau Cover is a soft cover that knows how to provide some durable protection in all weather conditions. Its tarp tensions all better security for your cargo.
- Can support several inches of snow.
- Fully install this roll-up truck bed cover in under 30 minutes with no-drill installation.
- The simple design looks good on any F-150.
- Tight tarp design - Excellent for keeping water out of the bed.
- Strong - Can support several inches of snow.
- No drill installation - No need to drill into your truck for installation.
- Pricey - Priced on the high end for soft covers.
- No lock - This model does not have a lock.
Best Retractable Tonneau Cover
For those who want a high-quality retractable bed that can handle extended use, the Syneticusa Retractable Truck Bed Tonneau Cover is the smart choice. This low-profile aluminum retractable cover is also waterproof.
- Can support up to 500 pounds of evenly distributed weight.
- Retractable cover can be locked in place anywhere along the truck bed by latch or key.
- Includes UV and scratch protection.
- Durable design - With its aluminum design, it is one of the most durable covers on the market.
- Supports up to 500 pounds - This cover can handle lots of evenly distributed weight.
- Lock security - The cover comes with a lock to better secure your items.
- Not low profile - high profile design can compromise fuel economy.
- Expensive - On the high end of most covers for the F-150.
Best Folding Tonneau Cover
When you want a durable and attractive cover that is sure to last for the life of your F-150, then take a look at the GatorEFX Hard Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover. This cover features a unique honeycomb design that is among the most durable in the industry.
- The EFX tonneau cover can easily be installed in less than 30 minutes, without the use of tools for drilling.
- The shine-finished aluminum panels protect against marks, scratches, and UV damage.
- Gator EFX provides an integrated water management system to keep the rain, snow, dirt, and dust out of your truck bed.
- Attractive aluminum finish - Features an appealing honeycomb aluminum finish.
- Auto-locking mechanism - Cover automatically locked when closed.
- Low profile design- The cover sits flush with the bed for a sleeker appearance.
- Short warranty - The cover only comes with a three-year manufacturer warranty.
- Pricey - Quality doesn’t come cheap. This retractable cover is priced at the higher end of the spectrum.
Best Roll-Up Tonneau Cover
One of the best roll-up covers for the F-150 is the popular LEER ROLLITUP Soft Roll-Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover. This affordable model comes with strong aluminum clamps to better secure your cargo.
- Made out of heavy-duty 24-ounce tear-resistant, marine-grade vinyl, with 3 built-in crossbars
- Comes with the tools and instructions to install your tonneau in minutes.
- This tonneau cover also fits the new F150 Lightning Electric Truck.
- Tight fit - Aluminum clamps make the cover waterproof.
- 100% Bed access - You can roll up the cover and access the entire bed.
- Affordable - Priced below many other covers on the market.
- Higher profile design - No as sleek as other covers.
- No lock - There is no locking mechanism on this model.
Best Hinged Tonneau Cover
Looking for a way to access the bed of your truck more easily? Then check out the KSC PRO Quad Fold Tonneau Cover Soft Four Fold Truck Bed Covers. This cover allows you to fold up four panels to easily access whatever you need from your truck bed.
- When the tailgate is locked, your truck bed is 100% secure. It makes your truck bed snow, rain, UV, and dust-proof.
- Composed of double-layer vinyl, which has been thoroughly tested for UV protection and superior tensile properties
- All frames and clamps are pre-assembled.
- Waterproof construction - Comes with locks to keep water, snow, and ice out.
- Four-panel design - Unique design makes it easy to quickly access the truck bed.
- Lifetime guarantee - The manufacturer guarantees this cover for all long as you own your truck.
- Not the strongest material - There are stronger cover models out there.
- High profile design - Design makes it less aerodynamic than most other covers.
Best Snap Tonneau Cover
One of the most affordable options out there is the Stehlen Hidden Snap On Vinyl Truck Bed Tonneau Cover. This cover features hidden snaps that make it easy to secure your bed and keep items safe from weather conditions.
- Durable Frame Rails & Removable Crossbars With No Exposed Snaps, Roll Up Design
- Hidden snaps
- Long bed model available
- No drilling needed - You can install in minutes
- Lightweight - Lighter than most other covers.
- Affordable - One of the most affordable models available.
- More durable models available - You can find more durable models.
- Boring design - Not the most attractive cover on the market.
Best Tool Box Tonneau Cover
Looking for the ideal cover that can also protect your toolbox? The Rugged E-Liner Series Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover is a high-quality choice for your F-150. This cover features a tri-fold design and extra room for toolbox storage.
- Shipped completely assembled in the box with no loose parts.
- Comes with a three-year manufacturer warranty.
- Convenient tri-fold design
- 3-year warranty - Comes with a 3-year warranty from the factory.
- Strong aluminum construction - Aluminum skins & solid cores to provide strength & durability
- Tri-Fold design - Easily access your toolbox with the cover’s tri-fold design.
- Expensive - One of the more expensive covers on the list.
- High-profile design - Not the most aerodynamic cover on the market.
Best Electric Tonneau Cover
For the ultimate in convenient truck covers, there is the amazing Senticusa Electric Tonneau Cover. This clever comes with a remote to allow hands-free opening and closing of the cover.
- This cover is engineered with strong, aluminum slats and a matte black textured powder-coat finish to protect your cargo.
- Powered retractable cover features remote-powered operation
- No drill assembly.
- 500 pounds weight rating - Can hold up to 500 pounds of evenly distributed weight.
- Rail system included - Comes with railing for mounting extra gear.
- UV and scratch protection - Durable design allows it to last a long time.
- Expensive - The most expensive cover on our list.
- High-profile design - Cover is not flush with the truck bed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best tonneau cover for the Ford F-150?
The BAK BAKFlip MX4 Hard Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover is the best overall cover thanks to its incredible build quality and multiple open functions.
Does Ford make tonneau covers?
Ford makes OEM tonneau covers which are available at Ford dealerships.
How do you put a tonneau cover on a Ford F-150?
You will find that some covers require drilling into the side of the truck bed while others do not require drilling. In most cases, you will have to install brackets to the side bed in order to secure the cover into place.
Are tonneau covers worth it for the Ford F-150?
A tonneau cover is worth it if you have items that you need to secure in your truck bed or you have items that you want to protect from the outside weather environment.