Up until now, my car buying advice has been geared towards new cars. However, I’m pleased to announce a new partnership with AutoTempest to greatly simplify finding and buying a used car. AutoTempest is a portal into all the biggest, most popular vehicle classifieds sites in America.
Here’s why AutoTempest rocks!
- With a single search, you can view used car inventory from a half dozen different sites (that don’t have any affiliations with each other). This includes Craigslist, eBay Motors, AutoTrader, Cars.com, Automotive.com, CarsDirect, and Vehix.
- The search results are the same you would get searching each of these sites individually. You just save the time spent entering your search details over and over.
- The creators of AutoTempest have years of experience searching Craigslist. Craigslist has a great selection of cars, but it’s not designed to search for them effectively. They don’t have any car related search features and you can’t search multiple cities in a single search. AutoTempest addresses both of these issues with specialized search features that you won’t find by searching Craiglist.com directly.
- You can refine your search by a dozen different options like mileage, transmission, type of seller, or even keywords.
- Most used car searches limit you to searches within 100-200 miles of your zip code. AutoTempest will allow you to search up to 2000 miles. Even if you’re not willing to travel, this can be useful to find proof of a lower priced car to help you negotiate.
If you’re looking to buy a used car, read How to Buy a Used Car and try out the AutoTempest search function below to view one of the largest selections of used car listings found in one place.
//open in new or same window at_widget_where=’new’; //at_widget_where=’same’;
at_widget_args = new Array;
at_widget_args['affid'] = ‘bestcarprice’; //whether to run the search immediately, or just populate the values (set to 0 or comment out) at_widget_args['runnow'] = 1;
//Change the default radius, min or max years //at_widget_args['radius']=’300′; //at_widget_args['minyear']=’1960′; //at_widget_args['maxyear']=’2011′;
//To preload a make or model, take the name as it appears in the dropdown, remove any non-alphanumeric characters (including spaces), //and make it all lower-case. //For example, Ferrari GT 2+2 would be make=’ferrari’, model=’gt22′.
Want to buy a car near (or below) dealer cost?
Get the free 10-Day Car Buying Expert Email Course
- How to buy a car at the best possible price (by making dealers compete)
- When is the best time to buy a car?
- How to find the best financing available (by making lenders compete)
- How to sell or trade-in your car for maximum value