9 Best Tonneau Covers for Ford Maverick
Michael Collado is a car buying expert and has been a professional automotive writer since 2009. He’s written about dealership sales, vehicle reviews and comparisons, and service and maintenance for over 100 national automotive dealerships. Previously, Collado was a copywriter at the ad agency TBWA/Chiat/Day where he worked on brand campaigns for Nissan, ABC Television, Sony PlayStation, and Energizer. His recognition in the ad industry includes awards from Communication Arts and The Clios.
Collado has a Bachelor’s degree from the University of South Florida, with a major in Psychology and a minor in Marketing.
No matter what you’re hauling, you want it to stay in the trunk and not all over the highway.
These different types of tonneau covers will keep everything contained.
If you're looking for the ideal bed cover for your Ford Maverick, check out our list, which has been updated for the 2022/2023 models.
Table of Contents
Best Overall Tonneau Cover
Overall, the Gator ETX Soft Tri Fold Cover Bed is the choice for Maverick trucks. This versatile cover allows you to expose part or all of your bed without having to remove the cover. Also, it is one of the best values out there.
- Tri-Fold design.
- No extra tools are required. No drilling is needed.
- Sleek design.
- Affordable - One of the best-priced covers for a Ford Maverick.
- Easy installation - Can be installed with tools in under 30 minutes.
- Tri Fold Design - Expose a part of all of the bed without removing the cover.
- Soft-cover model - This cover is on the high end in pricing.
- More durable covers available - May not be the ideal choice for rough weather conditions.
Best Budget-Friendly Tonneau Cover
If you are looking to spend less for your cover, then the MOSTPLUS 4-Quad Fold Soft Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover. This cover offers adorable design and enjoys high customer ratings on Amazon.
- Easy Installation, all required harnesses are included
- Soft cover design
- Quad Fold Truck bed is made of double-sided tear-resistant vinyl
- Lightweight - Won’t add much weight to your truck.
- No drill installation - No drilling in your truck is required.
- Durable construction - This cover includes four horizontal cross bars.
- Basic design - The design is pretty simple and straightforward.
- No low profile design - May not be ideal for fuel economy.
Best Hard Tonneau Cover
When it comes to hard tonneau covers that will last, CARMOCAR Hard Tri Fold Truck covers are a smart choice. These covers have a double-coated 27 oz marine-grade vinyl that is tear resistant. Overall, this cover is ideal for rough weather conditions.
- Made with double-coated 27 oz marine-grade vinyl
- Tri-fold design
- No drilling required
- Hard Vinyl design - The 27 oz marine-coated vinyl is ideal for rough weather conditions.
- Tri-Fold design - This cover has a tri-fold design that makes it easy to access items in the bed.
- No drilling - You don’t need to drill into your bed in order to install the cover.
- Pricey - Priced at the high end.
- Heavy - Hard cover design will add weight to the truck.
Best Soft Tonneau Cover
When you are looking to save weight on your truck, then the TruXedo Soft Roll Up Tonneau Cover is an ideal choice. This soft cover has a durable design that makes it weather resistant.
- Weatherproof design.
- Fully install this roll-up truck bed cover in under 30 minutes with no-drill installation.
- Low-profile design helps with fuel economy.
- Weatherproof design - Excellent for keeping water out of the bed.
- Strong - Can support several inches of snow.
- No drill installation - No need to drill into your truck for installation.
- Pricey - Priced on the high end for soft covers.
- Simple design - Not the most attractive cover on the market.
Best Retractable Tonneau Cover
If you want the convenience of a retractable tonneau cover for your Maverick, then you will want to consider the highly rated. RetraxONE Retractable Truck Bed Tonneau Cover. This low-profile aluminum retractable cover is both sleek and durable.
- Powder-coated finish gives impact and scratch resistance as well as UV protection.
- Retractable cover can be locked in place anywhere along the truck bed by latch or key.
- One year full warranty and lifetime limited warranty.
- Durable design - The cover’s powder-coated finish gives impact and scratch resistance as well as UV protection.
- Easy installation - You can install it yourself with simple tools.
- Lock security - The cover comes with a lock to better secure your items.
- Heavy - This will add weight to your truck.
- Expensive - On the high end of most covers for the Maverick.
Best Folding Tonneau Cover
Looking for an easy-to-use cover for your Maverick? Then you will want to choose the highly rated Tonnopro Soft Folding Tonneau Cover. This cover features an EZ clamp system to secure your in-bed items from onlookers.
- E-Z clamping system locks down the cover from the inside, securing your belongings from the elements and any on-lookers.
- Can be installed in under 5 minutes without drilling.
- Hinged sections fold back into a compact unit for more truck bed access.
- Clamping System - EZ clamping system helps secure items from onlookers.
- Lightweight - Soft cover design doesn’t add much weight to a truck.
- Low profile design- The cover sits flush with the bed for a sleeker appearance.
- No high-profile design - The cover is not the most aerodynamic on the market.
- Not ideal for rough weather - There are more durable covers on the market.
Best Roll-Up Tonneau Cover
When it comes to durable roll-up covers for the Maverick, the KiKito Soft Roll-Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover is one of the most popular choices. This affordable model is made from 27 oz waterproof marine vinyl.
- Made of dual-coated 27oz marine grade vinyl.
- No drilling installation.
- Snap-on seals make the cover waterproof.
- Tight fit - Snap-on seals make the cover waterproof.
- Easy install - No drilling needed.
- Affordable - Priced below many other covers on the market.
- Simple design - There are more attractive covers on the market.
- No lock - There is no locking mechanism on this model.
Best Hinged Tonneau Cover
When you want more versatility from your cover, then take a look at the Fixxpertie Soft Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover. The cover’s tri-fold, hinged design makes it easy to access in-bed items without removing the cover.
- 100% Full Bed Access with tri-fold design.
- Built-in 2 slightly bent cross bars offer full support when the cover is lying flat.
- All frames and clamps are pre-assembled.
- Strong design - Crossbars give the bed lots of support.
- Three-panel design - You can open and access all or part of the bed.
- Quality design - Made with double-layer PVC on the top, structured with solid alloy in the frame.
- No lock - Cover does not contain any locking system.
- High profile design - Design makes it less aerodynamic than most other covers.
Best Snap Tonneau Cover
One of the most affordable options out there is the XCover Soft Locking Roll Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover. This cover features a clamp design that allows you to install the cover in less than 20 minutes.
- The cover sits on top of the bed rails for improved water runoff and minimal bed space intrusion.
- Features a no-drill design and applies to your bed with heavy-duty adjustable clamps.
- Low profile bows/cross bars are connected with the tarp and will roll-up together with the cover that allows full and instant access to the bed.
- Low profile design - ideal for highway driving conditions.
- Affordable - One of the most affordable models available.
- Lightweight - Lighter than most other covers.
- Not waterproof - This design is not as waterproof as other models.
- Boring design - Not the most attractive cover on the market.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best tonneau cover for the Ford Maverick?
The Gator ETX Soft Tri Fold Cover Bed is the best overall cover thanks to its incredible build quality and multiple open functions.
Does Ford make tonneau covers?
Ford makes OEM tonneau covers which are available at Ford dealerships.
How do you put a tonneau cover on a Ford Maverick?
This will depend on the type of cover that you choose. Some covers will require drilling into the bed. However, there are some covers that do not require drilling into the bed. In most cases, you will have to install brackets to the side bed in order to secure the cover into place.
Are tonneau covers worth it for the Ford Maverick?
If you store items in the bed of your truck often, then you will want to invest in a cover. The cover can not only protect your items from the weather, it can also deter theft.