What to Bring to the Dealership
How to Buy a New Car
- Valid driver's license
- Proof of insurance
- Checkbook (and possibly a credit card for part of the down payment if they'll let you—we like to get the points!)
- Pre-approved check or letter with interest rate
- Vehicle Registration for your trade-in
- Title or loan documentation
- Your trade-in, including all spare keys and manuals. Optional: any regular maintenance documentation that may help establish a higher value.
- Trade-in appraisal
- The salesman's email with the specification of the car and agreed upon price
Even though you've setup the deal online, don't be afraid to ask for a test drive before you close the deal. It is also a good idea in order to check the car for any dings or scratches and make sure you are getting the trim and options you paid for.