Where to Find the Best Car Prices
The websites below provide the best car prices from local car dealers. When you use them, you won’t need to actually buy a car online, but you can agree on a good price before heading to the dealership.
If you live in a small town with just a few dealerships, consider expanding your car search to nearby cities to get better car prices save more money.
And if you are really serious about negotiating the best price with car dealers, read how to buy a new car using email to make best use of the car prices you receive.
TrueCar Review: see TrueCar car prices
- The only website where you can see your target car price instantly and anonymously online
- Haggle-free, guaranteed price quotes on new cars and trucks from 3 local dealers
- Includes the average price of what people are paying for new cars in your local area based on historical data
- Email alert tracking on price drops and incentives for your favorite cars
- Includes a “flexibility score” of how much negotiating room a dealer has on that model
- Shows you the actual car cost, average price paid, and what constitutes a good deal in a clever graph
- Certified network of 6,000+ dealers
- Here’s my more detailed review of TrueCar and user reviews of TrueCar from CarPrices101.com
Edmunds Review: see Edmunds car prices
- Contact up to 5 dealers at once for free quotes – many websites only offer 3 quotes
- Almost all car dealerships are listed on Edmunds
- Read ratings and comments about each dealership from other car shoppers
- “Best site for shopping for a new or used car” by The Wall Street Journal
- Before getting dealer prices you can see Edmunds True Market Value™ pricing (to understand others are paying)
- You can check inventory to see what’s listed in stock at local dealers
- Here’s my more detailed review of Edmunds and user reviews of Edmunds from CarPrices101.com